Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Trouble is, so much of it is boring tosh - or worse still, advertising masquerading as objective opinion.
Until I figure out what this can provide you that you can't get from our website (http://www.thegildedpalaceofsin.com), our myspace (http://www.myspace.com/gildedpalace)or Last FM (http://www.last.fm/user/gildedpalace/) then I'll use it as an opportunity to broadcast more widely info on the Gilded Palace radio show (the show itself is at www.totallyradio.com)
Here's the current (10-17th Oct '08) playlist for the special birthday tribute show for John Prine. I typically assume that everyone knows who Prine is, but regularly have to reappraise that assumption. A songwriting legend, nuff said...
Here's that playlist...
1. Wayne Taylor - Grandpa Was A Carpenter
2. John Prine - Clay Pigeons
3. Eleven Hundred Springs - Illegal Smile
4. Josh Ritter - Daddy’s Little Pumpkin
5. Johnny Cash - Sam Stone
6. Ethan Daniel Davidson - Your Flag Decal Won’t Get You Into Heaven Anymore
7. Todd Snider - Crooked Piece Of Time
8. RB Morris - Roy
9. Bright Eyes - Crazy As A Loon
10. John Prine - Loretta
11. Loretta Lynn - Somewhere Someone’s Falling In Love
12. Dwight Yoakam - Paradise
13. John Prine and Mac Wiseman - Don’t Be Afraid Of Your Age
Until next week...